Software development projects are increasingly conducted by remote teams, often thousands of kilometers and several time-zones from one another. Without the right tools and techniques, a team will be less efficient or even downright unproductive. This course teaches participants how to manage a distributed development team and the common (open-source) tools can be utilised to streamline the process.
- Why distributed?
- Management Practices
- Use the Right Software Development Process
- Documentation Is Everything
- Version Control and Continuous Integration
- Using a Mailing List – mailman
- Bug and Task Tracking
- Setting up a Mailing List
- Instant Messaging for Fun and Profit