Whether you are a software vendor, consultancy or just an independent agile coach, you will be focused on your business, and specifically, your business growth. Lets start with a definition: "Business growth comes from applying profitability to customer growth. Profitability comes from delivering services to your customers, accurately and efficiently."
This presentation will look at how to build your business, the agile way. Specifically, we will examine 5 focus areas:
- Move away from contracts (remember the 3rd value of the manifesto), and build stable strategic partnerships with your customers
- Develop opportunities for your customers (the 2nd principle), not for yourself
- Integrate sales & marketing with your (7+/-2) delivery teams and drop the commission
- Build strategic partnerships with your vendors ("End the practice of awarding business on the basis of a price tag. Instead, minimize total cost. Move towards a single supplier for any one item, on a long-term relationship of loyalty and trust." - W. Edwards Deming)
- Leverage your Agility: You're Agile, your competitors aren't. You should be able to leverage that to take advantage of new opportunities when they become available.