SCRUM (An Agile Project Management Approach to Software Development)
This one day course covers the basic concepts of Scrum project management and how this Agile methodology can be used within your organisation to improve development processes and reduce ongoing development costs. Scrum can improve software quality through an iterative development approach. This course aims to provide the tools for software managers and teams to improve customer satisfaction through the rapid and continuous delivery of useful software.
- An in-depth examination of Scrum processes
- The course will be customised to the participants organisational requirements
- Highly interactive through case studies and theoretical modelling
- Gain a clear understanding of Scrum, and how this can improve business processes.
- Learn how to optimise development times, improve client satisfaction and reduce development cost.
- Learn how to improve software estimation the Agile way
- Participate in workshops to improve progress tracking and reporting
Who Should Attend:
This course is for developers and project managers who are interested in learning more about Scrum and how it can help improve the quality and responsiveness of their software development projects.
Individuals wishing to enrol in this course should have a good understanding of the project development life cycle.
- Project Planning
- Project Initiation
- Project Roles (including Scrum Master, Product Owner and Team)
- Including Project Stakeholders
- Project Effort Estimation
- Product Backlog
- Team meetings
- Sprint Planning
- Scrum meetings
- Sprint Retrospective
- Sprint Review
- Planning (Release planning)
- Continuous Integration
- Project Inspection (reviewing progress)
- Tracking and Reporting
- Burndown Charts
- Dealing with scope creep
- Early-trend and feedback metrics
- Reporting to Clients
- Reporting to Management
Submitted by eleybourn on Tue, 2011-01-18 12:11
Content Licenced by Creative Commons (CC BY-SA) Evan Leybourn - 2001 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/